Bronze Poseidon & Aphrodite Statues
- Made by Greek Artisans CH. sklavenitis D. konidaris
- Date: 1960 - 1969
Gorgeously crafted with Oxidised bronze, showing marvelous patina.
The god Poseidon is depicted at the left. The goddess Aphrodite at the right.
Dimensions Poseidon: 22cm in length. (26.5cm in length with trident included)
Dimensions Aphrodite: 22.5cm in length.
Sold as a set, since we try to keep both art pieces together.
***Fast Worldwide Shipping***
More jewellery, accesoires, altar equipment and much more can be found at www.luciferothica.com
© Luciferothica.com All Rights Reserved.
Symbol of Poseidon : Trident, fish, dolphin, horse.
Attributes of Poseidon: The sea & waters, storms, earthquakes...
Poseidon was one of the Twelve Olympians in ancient Greek religion and myth, god of the sea, storms, earthquakes and horses. In pre-Olympian Bronze Age Greece, he was venerated as a chief deity at Pylos and Thebes. He had also the cult title "earth shaker". In the myths of isolated Arcadia he is related with Demeter and Persephone and he was venerated as a horse, however it seems that he was originally a god of the waters. He is often regarded as the tamer or father of horses, and with a strike of his trident, he created springs which are related with the word horse. His Roman equivalent is Neptune.
Poseidon was protector of seafarers, and of many Hellenic cities and colonies. Homer and Hesiod suggest that Poseidon became lord of the sea following the defeat of his father Cronus, when the world was divided by lot among his three sons; Zeus was given the sky, Hades the underworld, and Poseidon the sea, with the Earth and Mount Olympus belonging to all three. In Homer's Iliad, Poseidon supports the Greeks against the Trojans during the Trojan War and in the Odyssey, during the sea-voyage from Troy back home to Ithaca, the Greek hero Odysseus provokes Poseidon's fury by blinding his son, the Cyclops Polyphemus, resulting in Poseidon punishing him with storms, the complete loss of his ship and companions, and a ten-year delay. Poseidon is also the subject of a Homeric hymn. In Plato's Timaeus and Critias, the legendary island of Atlantis was Poseidon's domain.
Symbols of Aphrodite: Scallop, Swans, Rose
Attributes of Aphrodite: Love, Beauty
Aphrodite is the Greek goddess of love, beauty, pleasure, and procreation. Her Roman counterpart is Venus, which is also the name of the planet associated with her. WHile there are many stories about her birth, the most popular one is from Hesiod's "Theogeny," which says that she was born when Cronus cut off Uranus's genitals and threw them into the sea, and she arose from the sea foam (aphros).
She was very beautiful, and Zeus, fearing rivalry among the gods over her, married her to the ugly and deformed Hephaestus. But she ended up having several lovers including the Greek god Ares, and Adonis (to whom she was also a surrogate mother). Aphrodite was associated with the sea, dolphins, doves, swans, pomegranates, scepters, apples, myrtle, roses, lime trees, clams, scallop shells, and pearls. Many Hellenistic devotees regard her more as a goddess of love and passion than lust and seek her blessings for their romantic relationships.
1-2 business days
Buyers are responsible for any customs and import taxes that may apply. I'm not responsible for delays due to customs.
But please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
1. Personal information
To fulfil your order, you must provide me with certain information (which you authorised Etsy to provide to me), such as your name, email address, postal address, payment information, and the details of the product that you’re ordering. You may also choose to provide me with additional personal information (for a custom order of jewellery, for example), if you contact me directly.
2. Why I Need Your Information and How I Use It
I rely on a number of legal bases to collect, use, and share your information, including:
• as needed to provide my services, such as when I use your information to fulfil your order, to settle disputes, or to provide customer support;
• when you have provided your affirmative consent, which you may revoke at any time, such as by signing up for my mailing list;
• if necessary to comply with a legal obligation or court order or in connection with a legal claim, such as retaining information about your purchases if required by tax law; and
3. Information Sharing and Disclosure
Information about my customers is important to my business. I share your personal information for very limited reasons and in limited circumstances, as follows:
• Service providers. I engage certain trusted third parties to perform functions and provide services to my shop, such as delivery companies. I will share your personal information with these third parties, but only to the extent necessary to perform these services.
• Business transfers. If I sell or merge my business, I may disclose your information as part of that transaction, only to the extent permitted by law.
• Compliance with laws. I may collect, use, retain, and share your information if I have a good faith belief that it is reasonably necessary to: (a) respond to legal process or to government requests; (b) enforce my agreements, terms and policies; (c) prevent, investigate, and address fraud and other illegal activity, security, or technical issues; or (d) protect the rights, property, and safety of my customers, or others.
4. Data Retention
5. Transfers of Personal Information Outside the EU
I may store and process your information through third-party hosting services in the US and other jurisdictions. As a result, I may transfer your personal information to a jurisdiction with different data protection and government surveillance laws than your jurisdiction. If I am deemed to transfer information about you outside of the EU, I rely on Privacy Shield as the legal basis for the transfer, as Google Cloud is Privacy Shield certified.
6. Your Rights
If you reside in certain territories, including the EU, you have a number of rights in relation to your personal information. While some of these rights apply generally, certain rights apply only in certain limited cases. I describe these rights below:
• Access. You may have the right to access and receive a copy of the personal information I hold about you by contacting me using the contact information below.
• Change, restrict, delete. You may also have rights to change, restrict my use of, or delete your personal information. Absent exceptional circumstances (like where I am required to store data for legal reasons) I will generally delete your personal information upon request.
• Object. You can object to (i) my processing of some of your information based on my legitimate interests and (ii) receiving marketing messages from me after providing your express consent to receive them. In such cases, I will delete your personal information unless I have compelling and legitimate grounds to continue using that information or if it is needed for legal reasons.
• Complain. If you reside in the EU and wish to raise a concern about my use of your information (and without prejudice to any other rights you may have), you have the right to do so with your local data protection authority.
How to Contact Me
For purposes of EU data protection law, I, Samira Gzom, am the data controller of your personal information. If you have any questions or concerns, you may contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org Alternately, you may mail me at:
Samira Gzom, Tuinwijk 5, 8980 Geluveld, Belgium
Presents are random suprises and can be of any kind!
The shipment fee is not included to reach the 25€ ordering amount.
Ofcourse we do!
Yes we do! facebook.com/luciferothica/
We are an online shop. To check out the items with your own eyes, come visit us at one of the many events, fairs, parties or festivals in West-Europe.
We use a low cost shipping formula with includes following courriers; DPD, DHL, Deutsche Post. Shipping prices are as low as possible!
We send / ship all packages with tracking method. This means you receive a tracking code upon the first scan of your package. You can follow the route of your order.
Depending on the return reason, we may or may not charge you with re-shipping cost if you would like us to replace your parcel.
The following return reasons require reshipping fee (if you would like us to resend your parcel):
1. Unknown reason/Refused or Rejected - customs tax, import tax or extra fees not settled by recepient;
2. Insufficient/ Incorrect address - recipient incorrectly input a wrong address;
3. Unclaimed - Parcels left at local customs and post office and was not claimed during the allowed time.